In 2017 PLENA begun collaborating with The Puente Movement. Puente is a grassroots migrant justice organization based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Our collaboration with Puente involves providing consultation and information to address the mental health needs of Puente members and the local Latinx community.
SPEAKING & MEDIA
Dr. Capielo Rosario also has given multiple community talks and interviews on issues related to acculturation/migration, social justice issues, and issues affecting the Puerto Rican and Latinx community in the U.S.
- Cronkite News Arizona PBS. (November 9, 2017). Interviewed for "What Maria washed away: Puerto Ricans resettle in Arizona." https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2017/11/09/puerto-ricans-resettle-in-arizona-after-hurricane/#.WgUIveK8m5Q.facebook
- Arizona Republic. (October 31, 2014). Interviewed for "Thousands of Puerto Ricans flee hurricane-ravaged island for mainland, including Arizona." https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2017/10/31/thousands-puerto-ricans-flee-hurricane-ravaged-island-mainland-including-arizona/801305001/
- El Nuevo Dia, Newspaper. (March 17, 2017). Interviewed for “Insisten en la importancia de la orientación antes de mudarse.” http://ww.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/insistenenlaimportanciadelaorientacionantesdemudarse-2301843/
- El Nuevo Dia, Newspaper. (March 13, 2016). Quoted in “Cientos buscan irse a la Florida.”
- Telemundo, San Juan (March 14, 2016). Interviewed for “Florida Expo.”